Released on May 19, 2017:Health is wealth and a good health is a boon that is desired by everyone. Issues related to health trouble us more than anything else in our lives. Be it physical health or mental, a healthy mind and body can help you accomplish anything in your life. If you have high aspirations in life but your health is not by your side, it will be difficult for you to achieve your goals. An ill health is a curse that will make you incapable to fulfil your dreams as your body won’t support your cause that can bring your morale down and make you depressed. However, unless you are suffering from any genetic disorder or chronic ailments, it is absolutely possible to maintain a good health by following some basic rules as depicted below.
Basic rules to follow for a good health:
- Diet– The diet plays an important role in our overall wellbeing. A healthy diet can help you to get rid of many health related issues like obesity, stomach disorders, constipation and many more. A healthy diet with adequate nutritional supplies will help you to remain active and energetic all day long. An appropriate amount of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals is present in a proper diet that are abundantly present in foods like rice, bread, eggs, meat, milk, cereals, pulses, green vegetables and fresh fruits. But excessive consumption of anything can have adverse effects on your body. So, it is important to follow a properly balanced diet chart based on your body requirements. Also, oily, fried foods and sweets should be avoided completely as they are the main reasons for obesity, diabetes and cholesterol.
- Avoid Alcohol and Smoking – It is a known fact that excessive intake of alcohol and cigarettes are injurious to your health. Several studies have proved that tobacco causes critical ailments like cancer and lung diseases. An uncontrolled consumption of alcohol may damage your liver and can cause hepatitis, liver cirrhosis and many other life-threatening conditions. So, abstain from these two addictions completely for a healthier and longer life.
- Exercise – Workouts and physical exercises in any form have many benefits for your body and mind. Regular exercising increases your metabolism rate and improves blood circulation in your body. It also abstains your body from accumulating fat, tone your muscles and keep you fit and active. You need not spend hours in a gym but simple exercises like running, jogging, dancing, brisk walking and doing household chores regularly can also have same benefits. Thus, don’t just sit idle and laze around but remain active to remain fit and healthy.
- Drink Water – It is mandatory to drink 3 to 4 litres of water every day. It will not only keep you hydrated but also cleanse your system and detoxify your body.
- Rise early – Studies have shown that people who rise early are more productive throughout the day and remain more fit and healthy compared to the late risers.
- Have enough sleep – Try to have at least 8 hours of sleep every night as resting your brain and body is essential to prepare it for the struggles of daily life.
- Don’t starve or skip meals – Many people tend to skip meals or fast frequently to lose weight and stay slim. This is a very harmful practice which will ultimately unbalance your internal system and make you weak.
- Travel – Travelling has been proven as the best medicine for an ailing body and mind. Exploring new places in the proximity of nature refreshes your body as well as your mind and fills your lungs with fresh air. The countless memories of your travel keep lingering in your mind for a long time and give you the energy to continue with your work and daily routine.
- Avoid stress – The busy and competitive world we belong to, make us stressed and anxious at times. It is best to practice meditation and other methods to calm your mind and avoid the ill-effects of stress on your body.
- Explore your hobbies – Last but not the least, explore your hobbies and get some time out from your daily schedule for this purpose. Do what you love and be happy.